WE are Hiring!
Position: Designer and Futures Researcher
Salary: £20,000 pa
Contract: 18 months
Hours: Full time (35hrs p/w)
Application Deadline: 10th September
We are a small studio, currently made up of one full time employee and a group of affiliates, associates and freelancers who help us with project delivery. We are looking to expand and take on one full time employee at a junior level, who will play an integral role in both helping Andthen continue to grow, and in delivering a diverse range of client projects.
More specifically, they will play a supporting role within our upcoming large-scale projects, assisting with desk and field research, early-stage design activities, workshop and co-design facilitation, and future scenario generation and visualisation.
There will also be scope for them to take the lead on smaller projects, not only delivering work for clients, but also working on internal projects, and helping guide the development of Andthen as a company.
Most importantly, we expect to grow the studio in the coming years, and would like them to help us to establish as early as possible a vibrant, friendly and engaged culture within the company.
This position requires a high level of autonomy, and thus good organisation and time management skills, as well as a general proactivity is key, beyond this, the following are important skills and aptitudes:
- The ability to work from our studio on Hope Street
- Strong Desk and Field Research Skills
- Comfortable with regularly presenting work
- Confident in client-facing situations
- Strong understanding of Design Research methodologies
- Awareness of, and some engagement with Futures Research and/or Speculative Design
- Strong Graphic Design skills
- Clear Communicator
This is a Graduate-level position, so no industry experience is necessary — however a strong, and well communicated portfolio will go a long way.
How to Apply:
This position is being offered through the Glasgow Guarantee Scheme, and eligibility is subject to certain criteria. Applicants must:
- Be aged 20-29
- Have attained a degree/post-graduate degree within the last 12 months
- Currently reside within the Glasgow City Council postcode boundary
- Be currently unemployed OR underemployed
Please register through the Glasgow Guarantee portal to learn more and apply for this position.